Philanthropy is very important to the founders of Rood Investments, and their focus is on healthcare and education for children.
Specifically, the Roods have focused their charitable giving on children in need through the following:
- Randy Rood Memorial Scholarship, through the Mid-Columbia Health Foundation to aid low-income students in The Dalles, Oregon.
- Boys & Girls Club of Southwest Washington – Vancouver, Washington.
- Cancer Research – Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), Portland, Oregon.
- University of Oregon Medical School – The Gary and Christine Rood Family Pavilion (Ronald McDonald House) in Portland, Oregon.
- Legacy Health mental health care — Portland, Oregon.
- Friends of the Children (National) — Portland, Oregon
- Friends of the Children Southwest Washington — Vancouver, Washington
- If you would like to learn more about Friends of the Children, please visit https://friendsofthechildren.orq
- Doernbecher Children’s Hospital — Portland, Oregon.